Translate

Thursday 22 August 2013

Displaced: A Sense of Humanity

My lovely readers,

Whilst my usual posts cover the likes of inspirational looks from red carpets and inane ramblings, today I have something I would like to share with you. 

I have in fact written of my opinions regarding the issues in countries such as Syria here. However, late last night as I sat in bed, for once in my life I didn't ponder the amount of calories I had consumed that day, nor did I imagine my life as Sandra Sully featuring an ethnic last name. 

I was frustrated with the world wide coverage of events that have taken place over the past few days. At this stage, I think I had consumed way too much chocolate too, so I turned to my other vice, writing. 

Please see my piece below. 

"Mariah once sang there's got to be a way, MJ taught us that we are the world, and Whitney, Whitney insisted the children are our future. 

But what sort of a future will our children hold when we're all lacking a sense of humanity. 

Humble is just a word my mother used to whisper. Power and greed has once again taken over. 

Here we are complaining about consuming too much food, when on the other side of the world we have children starving from hunger, hoping just to see another day. What good is this so called war? What is their agenda? 

Adjust your lenses, you will be surprised with what you'll see 

There are people mourning  sisters, mothers, friends and lovers. Who is right and who is wrong can't  be determined just yet, but emotional crippling for generations to come,  that can be guaranteed.

Once again I ask of you,  where is this sense of humanity?

God is great, they chant, but these terrorists know no God, for they are driven by none other than the devil. 

We have governments claiming peaceful interventions. But a peaceful mission is not so,  as they enter foreign lands they do not know. 

They claim a humble leader is a dictator. If only the arrogance could subside, they will see they're  in fact just looking into a polished mirror. I just hope their heavy investments in barbaric creatures doesn't grow greater, greater than them, for then we will meet for world war three. 

You know, they say Hitler was cruel, but they show no difference in their actions. Sure they appear to be family lovers, these men in their crisply ironed suits, they're also impeccable speech givers. The truth though, it shall prevail,  contributing to the same form of genocide that struck so many years ago.  

As a final departure, I say, dear friends, friends of religion, friends of culture, friends of humanity, open your eyes. 

Though, once you do, please be warned, because funnily enough should you question any of the given information, you'll be labelled a conspiracist.

 But conspiracies aren't of interest, well not for this young lass. I may not be a celebrity, but  I hope you can be inspired, for my only aim in this life is to broaden a slight sense of humanity."

Vent over. My heart goes out to every wronged person. I hope you can appreciate my reasonings for writing such a heartfelt piece and relish in the fact that somewhere out there's someone who doesnt get to experience a "Happy Friday." 



So folks! Despite getting on a dodgy train or having to get through a dreadful winter's day, thank your lucky stars because your sisters and brothers in humanity would give anything to trade their places with you. 

Wogarella, 

Xx

2 comments:

  1. Amen. I felt everything you said. My heart goes out to you Wogarella :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you except on the point about being a humble leader. It's been 40years of humble leadership :-/
    P.S. I don't think he is a bad person but a humble leader he isn't.

    ReplyDelete