Translate

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Carrie Bradshaw Meets Australian Politics


My friends, I have something to confess. In fact when I started Wogarella I contemplated calling it "Confessions of a Wogarella" however I feel that it could get whiny and repetitive so I opted to take you along as I experienced new adventures, whether it physically or emotionally. Usually it's the latter one.

BTW that wasn't my confession. You see I am a SWINGER. Always have been. Now before all the sexual innuendos arise (mind the pun), I genuinely mean I'm a Political Swinger.

I've grown up in a household that supports Labor as strongly as they support the Canterbury Bulldogs. They kind of go hand-in-hand. But as I've grown up, sadly I've had to witness the consistent downfalls this party has to offer.

So naturally, one would think I should be opting to vote for the Libs. And whilst I agree with some of their policies and shouldn't judge a book by its cover, in this case Tony Abbot being the cover, I just don't know if it's enough for me to put my vote in a party that will be lead by someone I'm just not a huge fan of. I mean he is trustworthy in the sense that he has stuck to his ideas and hasn't back-stabbed his own team members (not cool K-Rudd, not cool.) Yet, as vain as it sounds, there's something about him that just isn't very likable.

I could put my vote towards the Christian Democratic Party because, well most of their policies ring true to my personal values. However, they claim tha"Some elements of Islam, both internationally and domestically, support the use of terror and violence to impose Islam and sharia law on non-Islamic societies like Australia." This rubs me up the wrong way because even as a practicing Muslim, I don't want Sharia law enforced in my country. Furthermore, these people who suppose such notions are extremists.

The Christian Democratic Party plans on putting a freeze on the immigration of people who practice the Islamic faith. Whilst I agree certain cult-groups claiming to hide behind a religion should be stopped, there's no reason to stop a person from experiencing the beautiful living experience this country has to offer simply because of their choice of faith. Plus, as someone who comes from an Islamic background, it's clear to admit that sometimes, mixing religion and politics just isn't a good idea. It's certainly no organic peanut butter and jam.

Jesus, no pun intended there, as you can see I am a confused kid. So, I've taken it upon my swinging self to put my opinion where my mouse is and try out the poll that has conveniently been featured on the ABC website here.

If you're a fellow swinger or just have nothing better to do with your time, do check it out- it's very interesting indeed.

As expected I narrowly sit between the Greens and Labor Parties. However, it's notable to mention that but the Libs are only a small 3% behind the Greens according to my answers. I firmly believe in Wikileaks though, because at least Assange admits to being shonky, which is pretty Fair Dinkum if you ask me.
 
Internal politics aside, as an Australian I am aware that I am so blessed to live in this amazing country am given the opportunity to vote, but my indecisiveness may very well kill me by the end of this campaign period. I might not be blonde, ridiculously fashionable and rock a massive man-jaw, but I'm feeling so Carrie Bradshaw right now.






Who gets your vote?


Wogarella,

X


Image sourced from somewhereinmiddleamerica.com

No comments:

Post a Comment