Translate

Saturday 12 May 2012

Happy Mama's Day



<3<3<3

Before I get into this post I just wanted to let you know that most mother’s days begin the same in my household, I awake, kiss my mum and embrace her with a hug. Which is a rarity, because my mum to be quite honest isn’t a kissy-huggy of type of person.


But this year, Mother’s Day means a whole lot more to me. This morning as I was brewing a pot of Lebanese coffee for my mum I had a many thoughts running through my mind. You see, this week started off just great, it was my birthday; I spent a lovely afternoon dining with my mother and sisters, followed by a calorie induced coma on Monday during work hours. But on Tuesday my family awoke to the horrible news that a very dear friend of ours had passed away. Now I’m not going to write a Eulogy, but I will say this, today two little girls won’t have the opportunity to celebrate Mother’s Day with their incredible mum. But they do have an amazing Grandmother and a brood of Aunties and Uncles by their side. 


Without sounding too philosophical, life can end with a blink of an eye. So please keep your petty problems aside. Hug your friends and family members a little tighter and always let them know that despite your differences they are an important part of your life.


I would like to leave you all with a poem I wrote for my mum whilst on the train about two weeks ago.  Yes because clearly that’s when the creativity bug kicks in…


She is the first person one might form a relationship with, the person who introduces you to love, guidance and affection. And will probably continue to do so until her dying day. She has the right to raise her voice, yet demand respect only minutes later. 

Her almond shaped eyes I have inherited, her clever antics I have adopted, but most importantly her genuine love I have treasured. 


This lost soul could search near and far, cross-countries and continents, but no other person will compare. She's certainly not the epitome of perfection, nor can she be counted as below average. But hey, she's my mama, my one and only confidante! 

When others have mistreated this child, she has been there to announce that my foolishness was evident, but there beside me, time and time again I felt her strong fingers grasp the tips of my fingers. 

I would spare anything if it were to shield me from her look of disappointment. Many a slippers were dodged, as we're silly chores my sisters were made to do.

One woman, felt her feet at heavens doors many times before, yet God continues to give her strength and bless both her family and friends with her existence. Zeina Moustafa, Mama, I love you.

Happy Mothers day!! 



Wogarella Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment