Translate

Monday 23 April 2012

“The Younger Man” Book Signing

 
A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of seeing my favourite Author, Zoe Foster once again.

I rocked up to Dymocks on George St, confused as to where the book signing would be. The dud at the counter didn’t seem to help much, but the fact that I spotted about 40 women talking amongst themselves up stairs, lead me to believe I should probably make my way up there.

 As I reached the second floor the laughter and chatter of the women was more comprehendible, most of them excited to hear Zoe speak about her new novel. To be honest, up until now, I assumed that most of Zoe’s fans were 20 something year old Uni students who were prosperous magazine chicks. But let me tell you, I was wrong. There was a girl in her gym gear, mums with prams and about 38 ladies from a range of ages sipping on champers and stuffing their faces with Jatz crackers and cheddar cheese. I avoided the champers, “extra calories I just don’t need” has been my motto for the past few weeks.

The session kicked off as Zoe began to describe the nature of her latest book and the writing process that took place. Following that we had an insightful Q and A session, as always Zoe was as witty as the words she publishes. She had the whole crowd in giggles and ensured she signed each and everyone of those books!

It seems Zoe couldn’t help but remember me as I’ve blogged about her before here. And here. For those of you who don’t know,  I’ve been flying the “I heart Zoe’s Writing” flag for a few years my friends.

The Blurb says:

When Abby enjoys a memorable night with a delicious 22-year-old, she easily waves him out of her life the next morning. She doesn't have time for these sorts of distractions. And he's only 22, after all! A child. But the charming young Marcus isn't going to let her get away that easily. He knows what he wants and takes it upon himself to prove that age is irrelevant where the heart is concerned. Abby, though, isn't convinced. She feels certain she should be with someone her own age, someone more impressive, someone more . . . settled. Surely nothing can ever come of this relationship?


Praise for Zoë Foster

'Clever and cheeky.' Sun Herald

'A high-calorie slice of chick lit.' Sunday Mail

'Fabulously wry wit.' New Idea

Wogarella says:


This book was quite different to her other books. Admittedly, her witty one liners were strewn within the text, but it was a lot more grown up. Dealing with complex issues such as IVF, breakdown of friendships, and family issues. Although the main plot of the book follows Abby, the protagonist who falls for a younger man and constantly debates her feelings until she’s forced to come to terms with them, there are other relationships in the book that really made me think. Particularly the strong bond between Abby and her two BFF’s Chelsea and Mads.

Zoe really is a great writer, I’m not sure if this is just because I finished reading this book tonight, but I honestly believe that by the end of the book, you will feel sympathetic for Mads, a fondness for Alessandro, her exotic summer romance and absolute sadness for the gorgeous young Marcus. Oh and Abby? You want to invite her to fine dinner parties. She’s an intelligent, strong, humorous lass, yet still humble-which makes you appreciate her just that little bit more.

It definitely made me think, I come from a background where men are generally older in relationships, my dad is 6 years older than my mother, I have only ever been attracted to boys who were older than I am. But come to think of it, maybe dating a younger man isn’t such a drama after all? Is it not the connection that matters? Well, I’m only 22 at this stage so I might hold off, because I’m pretty sure dating someone 13 years my junior could get me into a legal strife.

Moral of the story: Dating a younger man doesn’t necessarily mean you’re dating an immature kid. Something, something, don’t judge a book by it’s cover!

However, in this case, I recommend you do. How bloody cutes patootes is this cover?!




 
I also thought it was relevant to include a picture with Zoe. Keep in mind, she was giggling in the first image taken, but I’ve decided it’s too blurry. So out of complete selfishness, please checkout the prettier image below ;)

 

Oh and the lovely collection of Zoe’s book. Yes I own every single one and am not ashamed to admit it. Three out of five have been signed ha!



The Younger Man is out now in all good book stores or online at Booktopia, Amazon and Borders.com.

You can follow Zoe and her witty adventures @Zotheysay on Twitter.


*Image sourced from www.penguin.com.au

*Other Images taken on my dodgy Iphone Camera



Have a fab day! 

Wogarella Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment