Translate

Monday 11 June 2012

Latest Obsession: Serena Van Der Woodsen




I have a confession to make...  You see, I typically identify myself with the brunette character in any film or television series. Yes, I have discriminated an actress simply because of the colour of her hair. And believe me I'm not proud of it. For example, when The OC came out I loved Summer. I was very much apart of that generation of girls who went crazy over Seth Cohen and cried their eyes out when Marissa died, but the thing is I looked up to Summer Roberts (played by Rachel Bilson.) Once I had gotten over the commotion of losing such an awesome show, and the legend that is Josh Swartz decided to introduce his OC adoring fans to Gossip Girl, I automatically identified myself with Blair Waldorf. 

Weird right? I know exactly what you’re thinking:

A) She resides in Upper Class New York, whilst I live in Western Sydney.

B) She is always dressed to perfection, whilst I’m more of a casual kid

C) Her Body is amazing; whilst mine is more on the average side of town.

D) She gets to hook up with the likes of Chuck Bass, Nate Archibald and my personal favourite, Mr. Lonely-boy aka Dan Humphrey. Need I even clarify why this one is so unrealistic?


       Furthermore, I have a slightly ethnic/ Westie accent, whereas Ms. Waldorf speaks with such a proper accent. But all of these observations aside, I still believe that if I had to pick one of the cast members it would be her. Or at least Vanessa, but she loses Dan, so it pains me to even think of such a thing.
      
       However, it’s no secret to anyone that I admire Blake Lively’s style, grace and sense of humour. But more recently, I’ve found myself abandoning the “I Love Blair” bandwagon and leaping onto the “I have a Big Lesbian Crush on Blake Lively” one. And it's not just because she's so pretty, but I think the fact that her character is actually employed these days, I feel as though she's a little more real than the other characters. Plus, she's no longer a teenage hoe, but a working woman who is facing realistic problems. 


       So tell me, do you commonly identify yourself with a particular character based on their physical   attributes? Or am I just a vane weirdo?



      And even though Red heads are so hot right now, do you think we’re witnessing the return of the Blonde Bombshell? What with Blake, Delta and dare I say it even Lara Bingle gracing our screens... it really makes me wonder. Wait, scrap that! Come to think of it, did the blonde bombshells ever lose their importance in TV?

      PS This post may or may not have been inspired by the fact that I have been locked up in my room during the whole long weekend due to a horrid flu which just won’t leave me! Therefore giving me the opportunity to catch up on Season Five <3

      
      Wogarella, 

       Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment