Translate

Friday 29 June 2012

Katie and Tom call it quits...




From watching her childhood crush jumping on couches declaring his love for her to now fighting for custody of her 6 year old daughter Suri, Katie Holmes has ended her marriage with Husband of 5 years Tom Cruise. What a fall from grace. And even though Tom irritates me, I can't help but feel saddened by this news. The number one reason being that my favourite Katie Holmes pretty much married him in order to boost her career, when in actual fact she really hasn't done too much but a Broadway show here and there.

I know most of you are probably rolling your eyes and whispering something along the lines of "Oh wow, another celebrity couples files for divorce.." But the thing is I'm genuinely upset, I LOVE Katie Holmes. I know she is a bit boring and doesn't really say much these days, but she was one my first girl-crushes as a kid. She has that wholesome girl next door look. And despite the fact that she's no longer that innocent little girl from Dawson's Creek, I can't help but forever see her as Joey Potter. And even though there has been years of speculation regarding her relationship with Tom, I honestly do feel that she was suppressed. And not so much by Tom, but by his ego and entourage.

Although this is only the beginning of what will unfold into an even larger media frenzy, Tom's lawyer, Bert Fields, said Katie filed for divorce in New York on Thursday citing "irreconcilable differences".

"Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children," Tom's representative, Amanda Lundberg, told The Associated Press. "Please allow them their privacy to work this out."

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the stories that will be spruced up, lord knows I'm a mag-hag so I will follow this story intently. 

PS I feel sorry for my favouite little munchkin, Suri Cruise. Divorce is never easy, even though she has pretty shoes, this kid is going to cop it. I hope to God, Katie ensures she doesn't see any of the negative press that will soon unravel.


Did you see this coming? Are you as upset as I am? Let me know. Go on, you know you want to comment.

For more info regarding their divorce, visit: http://tiny.cc/aquogw

Images sourced from Fanpop.com.


Wogarella,

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment